The Most Comprehensive Lindy Hop Class in Orlando!
Remember there is a 6 week Lindy Hop Class starting Sunday April 19th being taught by long standing local instructors, Rob & Dawn Shrewsbury. They aren’t sure when they will do this again, so don’t miss the chance to get in on this great class!
This six-week series will cover all the essential moves and variations of Lindy Hop. The class will feature both the 6 and 8 count basics including the whip/swing out. There will be a strong concentration on technique and connection to give you a solid foundation in the dance. Good technique will provide the groundwork to feel comfortable on the dance floor and to continue to advance your dancing in the future.
Each class will build upon information from the previous class to continuously further your knowledge week by week. Classes will be an hour long followed by a half hour of practice, questions, and individual help. Previous dance experience is helpful, but not required. No partner needed; individuals and couples welcome! Class highlights:
* Step by step, week by week instruction to make learning easy
* One hour of instruction per class plus a half hour of help/question time
* Learn solid lead/follow principals
* Progress from the 6-count to 8-count basic
* Learn moves that add style and strengthen the basics
* Concentration on dance dynamics
* Learn from experienced instructors teaching as a finely-tuned, cohesive team
* Class goal is to get you comfortable on the dance floor with Lindy Hop!
Price & Registration: Advanced registration is only $60. Day-of registration (if space is available) is $70.
Mark Your Calendars! Sock Hop Coming April 25th!
That’s right, pull out those poodle skirts and get ready to dance the night away to some of the best rock-in-roll around.
DJ Steve, all the way up from Tampa, will be spinnn’ the best in 1950’s rock-in-roll sure to keep the dance floor hoppin’ all night long. Be sure not to miss out on this twice a year event! Watch for more details to come! 🙂
The next Orlando Swing Dance is Saturday April 11th. Don’t miss the special extra move that will be taught by Rob & Dawn Shrewsbury right after the beginner lesson.