It’s time for our next one day workshop – a day full of classes!
You loved Erica and Aaron back in May, so we bringing her back from Minnesota for another killer diller workshop to help YOU become a more excellent dancer!
Dance is a language. To master the art you must master not only talking, but effective listening. Communication is more than just your vocabulary. For this one day Intermediate and Advance workshop we’ll dive into what it takes to be a good partner dancer in your Swing and Lindy, while learning some fun, dynamic moves.
Teaching with local instructor Aaron will be the illustrious Erica French! Erica has been dancing, performing and choreographing for 4 years. She is currently one of the lead organizers for Army of Follows, a unity project to bring Follows together from around the nation to unite and encourage them. She’s also really, really, really good at dancing and wins competitions.
– You’ll work on a variety of fun and creative moves and shapes in swing to add to your vocabulary, including swingout material
– You’ll experience aspects of Lindy Hop that making dancing on the advance level so rich and rewarding
– You’ll develop better body awareness and control through a wide range of techniques with yourself and with a partner
– You’ll become more effective in your role as a lead or follow through drills and skill development
– You just might have fun
– You’ll experience aspects of Lindy Hop that making dancing on the advance level so rich and rewarding- You’ll develop better body awareness and control through a wide range of techniques with yourself and with a partner – Become more effective in your role as a lead or follow through drills and developing your skills- You just might have fun
Early Bird admission is $40 via PayPal for all 4 hours of classes, $50 at the door. Get your spot while you can. You can sign up and pay here.
Erica French is a dynamic dancer who shares her love of adventure and spontaneity on and off the dance floor. In 2015, Erica started Lindy Hopping in Minneapolis, MN, where she joined Rhythm & Swing, a competition and performance team. After taking 1st place in the team competition at the 2017 Canadian Swing Championships, she left R&S to further pursue her interest in choreography, performance, and social dancing. Now the co-leader of the Army of Follows project, she spends her time pushing her dancing to the next level and encouraging others to do the same.
Aaron “A-A-RON” Seals started lindy hopping the summer of 2011 and fell face first into a beautiful, joyful, musical, arm flapping adventure that’s taken him across the globe. He has won various swing competitions across the U.S. and in Europe and doesn’t plan to stop anytime soon. He values creative expression and individuality that comes from the early jazz dances, as well as the important, shared partner experience that makes every dance rich and unique. Aaron Loves to help people and believes everyone should be allowed to dance. He seeks to create fun, learning environments where students can learn successful dance technique and be given the tools to be their true self on the dance floor.
BONUS Follow Power Hour from 9-9:45am
12-1pm Lunch with your classmates. There are a variety of food options near the venue.
FOLLOW POWER SESSION
Last time Erica led her Army of Follows into some new choreography and a performance that received thunderous applause. Follows, wondering what she’ll do this time? Don’t sleep in. Show up at at 9am for your special Saturday session.